Friday, Dec 11 Student Council’s “Santa’s Secret Shop” (Also Saturday 8:30-10:30)
Monday, Dec 14 Basketball practice
Thursday, Dec 17 CLA Christmas Program, 6:45 Band prelude, 7 pm program
Friday, Dec 18 Last day of 2nd Quarter, Christmas break begins after this full day!!
December 17th Christmas Program Updates and information
The program is in one week! Please look over the brief list below for important items!
● All 5th-8th grade students are helping to serve the meal and must be here no later than 5:15pm in black shirt/black pants. Please place any band instruments, costumes, props, changes of clothes, accessories, etc. in the band room prior to serving.
● Band students who are not serving need to be here by 6:30 in the band room (white or black shirt and black pants.)
● K-4 students need to be dressed in dress clothes/christmas-y apparel and in the band room by 6:45 (this is a correction from an earlier time!)
● Table hosts may decorate their tables immediately after school on the day of the program. There will be place cards at each of the tables with last names on them. If your table has multiple place cards, it is because there are multiple parties at your table! :)
● If there are any questions, please contact Mrs. Stribling at 765-561-5248.
Thanks! We are looking forward to a great program!
REMINDER…. IT’S COLD OUTSIDE…. PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILDREN PREPARED!
Our policy is that students will go out for recess every day, unless the weather is very cold (temperature or windchill well below freezing) or precipitation prevents outside recess. So please make sure that students have hats, gloves and warm coats. On days when snow is on the ground, children may play in the snow if they have boots.
Weather Delay or Cancellations…
Please “like” the CLA facebook page. Information about weather cancellations or delays will be posted by 7 am on the facebook page, so you could use this as your source for information on questionable weather days. We also (in most cases) follow the Olympia CUSD 16 weather decisions. Weather delays and cancellations will also be on TV Channels 25 and 31 as well as on their websites.
We are in process of cleaning out library and storage… feel free to browse in the main hallway… All items will be packed up and donated this coming weekend!!
From the Principal's Desk
In my daily devotional and Bible reading, I’ve just begun reading the story of Esther… and recall that Esther’s story reminds us that we have been placed in a particular spot, at a particular time - “for such a time as this.” What is your place? Your time? I hope you are seeking the Lord to know your purpose!