Upcoming . . .
Friday, Sept 1 Cross Country Practice 7-8:15 am
Monday, Sept 5 No School - Labor Day(Daycare is CLOSED)
Tuesday, Sept 6 Baseball game at Delavan 4:30
Cross Country Practice 7-8:15 am
Wednesday, Sept 7 Cross Country Practice 7-8:15 am
Thursday, Sept 8 Baseball Game HOME vs St. Joe’s, 4:15
Mark your calendars now . . .
Life Days 2016 will be held Friday, October 21 and Saturday, October 22. We ask ALL CLA families to participate in our Largest Event each year!!!
FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE: Lunch Money, Office Mail, and
more details . . .
Any items that eventually are handled by the school office (lunch money, tuition payments, notes, etc.) should be sent with your children in their backpack/folder in the morning. This is the most efficient way to get items to the school office, as each class sends items to the office every day.
- Please be sure envelopes are CLEARLY labeled so that they will get to the correct location.
- If you would prefer to deliver it yourself, please place items, clearly marked, in the tray on the corner of the secretary's desk.
- Lunch menus were sent home in July and available at registration and on our website; but if you need a September menu, please contact the office and we can send them home.
Volunteers needed for regular weekly shifts! We appreciate parents helping in many ways. Here are several specifics for this fall:
- Office Volunteers have a regular ½ day or full day shift and are responsible for answering phones and doing miscellaneous tasks to assist Mr. Horning, Mrs. Horning, and the other staff. A few regular shifts as well as fill-in/substitutes are needed.
- Lunchroom Volunteers help to prepare and serve lunch as well as clean-up after lunch. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are days when help is needed. We have at least one volunteer scheduled for these days, but a second helper is always helpful! We would welcome a Tues/Thurs helper, too, if that fits your schedule.
- Recess Monitors for various recess times are helpful to assist staff who operate these recesses.
If you are able to commit to a regular volunteer opportunity, please contact the office!!!
Student/Parent Handbooks . . .
If you did not get a CLA Handbook at back-to-school night or on the first day of school, please check with the school office. Please read the handbook, sign and return the last page.
Box Tops . . .
Don’t forget to help support projects at the school by clipping your box tops! If you have collected them over the summer or have some still attached to packages or boxes, just clip and send!
From the Principal's Desk . . .
We have had a great start to the school year. We are focusing on remembering that EVERYONE has been placed on earth by God with a special purpose! Keep encouraging your children in this way!!