Upcoming . . .
Monday, Jan 16 NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, Jan 16 Basketball - HOME games vs Riverview, 5 pm Elem, 6 pm JH
Tuesday, Jan 17 Basketball practice 3:30-5:30
Thursday, Jan 19 Volleyball Practice 3:30-5 pm
Basketball - HOME games vs St. Mary’s, 6 pm Elem, 7 pm JH
Friday, Feb 3 CLA TALENT SHOW and CHILI COOK-OFF - info below!!
Saturday, Feb 11 Band Solo/Ensemble Contest, 9 am at CLA
Every Friday 7:30 am Prayer Time
WEATHER ALERT and REMINDER!
- Daily, all of our students go outside for recess. Please make sure that students have appropriate attire - gloves, hats, hoods, jackets. If snow is on the ground, we only allow the children who have snow boots to play in the snow.
- If the combination of wind chill and temperature fall below 20 degrees, or if it is raining, we will stay inside. Otherwise we expect all students to participate in outdoor recess and do not have staff to monitor students who are inside.
- In case of weather that affects our school day, as listed in the school handbook, we will post on the school facebook page, list on TV stations, and we will also send an email blast.
NEW… We are beginning to use the REMIND app/system to send out text alerts. This will be used for emergency announcements and weather closings. If you have not received an invitation and would like a cell number added, please contact the school office via email.
Upcoming Music Department Events . . .
On Friday, February 3rd, CLA will be hosting its annual talent show. This year, however, we are hosting a chili cook-off! Bring your best chili and beat out your competitors for the title of Best Chili!
- Auditions for the talent show will be held on Thursday, January 26th. The talent show is open to all students (part time and homeschoolers welcome!) and their families. Singing, dancing, comedy, juggling, human tricks, gymnastics, family skits- we'd love to see it all! Acts need to be between 3-5 minutes long and content must be school/family appropriate.
- Chili contestants- chefs must bring enough chili for 15 people (about a crockpot full!) and a list of ingredients (no proportions required.) Extra chili is appreciated but not necessary.
- Anyone who is interested in auditioning for the talent show or entering the chili cook off must contact Mrs. Stribling at email@example.com!
Upcoming music department events!
Band students will be participating in the annual Solo and Ensemble contest on Saturday, February 11th starting at 9am. Stay tuned for a schedule and more details! Encourage your child to play their solo for you at home. :)
CLA EASTER PROGRAM!
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, April 11th for CLA's Easter program! We have an interactive program cooked up for this year- you won't want to miss it!
FRIENDLY REMINDER - ILLNESS . . .
We know that children do get ill, and in a school setting it is important to keep illness from spreading. So, please follow these guidelines:
- Children who are sick should remain home and be fever and symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Children who are sick should not come to school for special activities - parties, after-school activities, sports games or practices, etc if they have not been symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Please do call the school office in case of illness to let us know of absences.
From the Principal's Desk . . .
In Monday’s chapel, it was a treat to watch Nathan Booker, 8th grader, be fed like a baby. We also watched a short video about a grown man, who was still playing t-ball and in kindergarten. We had fun laughing at these shenanigans, but learned the message that God wants us to “grow up” in our faith, just like we grow up physically. It is a joy to participate in the growth of so many students. This year, our 8th grade class will be the first class of graduates who were in kindergarten the year CLA was founded. One graduate, Emma Yoder, will be the first to complete all nine years - K-8th at CLA. Wow! Thank you, parents, for allowing us to partner with you as we share a Biblical worldview through all we do for and with the students at CLA.