Upcoming . . .
Thursday, Jan 19 Basketball - HOME games vs St. Mary’s, 6 pm Elem, 7 pm JH
Friday, Jan 20 Volleyball Practice 3:30-5 pm
Monday, Jan 23 Basketball Practice
Tuesday, Jan 24 Basketball - HOME game vs Faith Baptist 6 pm (JH only)
Wednesday, Jan 25 Volleyball Practice
Thursday, Jan 26 Basketball - AWAY game vs Good Shepherd 5:30 (Elem only) bus 4:20
Friday, Jan 27 Volleyball Practice
Friday, Feb 3 CLA TALENT SHOW and CHILI COOK-OFF - info below!!
Saturday, Feb 11 Band Solo/Ensemble Contest, 9 am at CLA
Every Friday 7:30 am Prayer Time
American Heritage Girls Starting in Hopedale, hosted by CLA!
We are excited to announce a new ministry and mentoring opportunity for women and girls ages 5-18: an American Heritage Girls (AHG) troop is being formed in the Hopedale area! AHG is a Christian faith-based, Scout-like program that focuses on personal and spiritual development, leadership skills, and service opportunities. We are first looking to establish a Troop Board, which can be both men and women, consisting of 5 roles: Charter Representative, Troop Coordinator, Vice Coordinator, Troop Treasurer, and Troop Shepherd. For questions or to get involved, please contact CLA teacher Mrs. Karin White at email@example.com
AR Store NEXT WEDNESDAY . . .
The Winter AR store, where students can spend their hard-earned Accelerated Reading points, will be Wednesday, January 25.
!!! Talent Show and Chili Cook-off Friday, February 3rd !!!
We are still in need of contestants for the chili cookoff! If you would like to participate, please contact Mrs. Stribling at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 26th!
- Talent show participants- Auditions will be held during music classes on Thursday, January 26th! If you are wanting to participate, please be ready then! ***Families and homeschool students wishing to audition for the talent show will need to contact Mrs. Stribling to set up an audition time! Email her at email@example.com.***
- Chili contestants- chefs must bring enough chili for 15 people (about a crockpot full!) and a list of ingredients (no proportions required.) Extra chili is appreciated but not necessary.
Calling all LuLaRoe addicts!
CLA is hosting a LuLaRoe Pop-up fundraiser on Friday, February 3rd (coinciding with the talent show!) CLA will be receiving a percentage of the sales that evening. If you've never experienced LuLaRoe, you won't want to miss out on fun prints in super soft material- leggings, tops, skirts, wraps, and more! Please contact Mrs. Stribling if you have questions.
Music Departments News and Reminders . . .
- Band students- Solo and Ensemble contest is 2 weeks away (February 11th)! Make sure you are practicing!
- Mark your calendars for Tuesday, April 11th for CLA's Easter program! We have an interactive program cooked up for this year- you won't want to miss it!
FRIENDLY REMINDER - ILLNESS . . .
We know that children do get ill, and in a school setting it is important to keep illness from spreading. So, please follow these guidelines:
- Children who are sick should remain home and be fever and symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Children who are sick should not come to school for special activities - parties, after-school activities, sports games or practices, etc if they have not been symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Please do call the school office in case of illness to let us know of absences.
From the Principal's Desk . . .
I have been drawn (possibly because we are having a sermon series on this passage…) to 1 Peter 4 this week. Verse 10 tells us “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” Wow - I’m reminded of how our CLA staff and families - as those involved in many Christian ministries - have so many gifts that God has bestowed on us. And we are called to work together, not because we all are alike, but because we all bring our uniqueness to this place. Thank you, God, for making us all different - and vital - for the purposes of your Kingdom!