Upcoming . . .
Monday, May 15 Flower planting along Main Street, Hopedale (afternoon)
Wednesday, May 17 “Fair Day” in Middle School, Volunteer Tea at 2:50
Thursday, May 18 8th Grade Graduation, 7 pm
Friday, May 19 Last Day of School / Field Day
Saturday, May 20 CLA Annual Meeting 8 am, followed by regular board meeting
Friday, June 2 10th Annual CLA Golf Outing @ Bluegrass Golf Course, Minier
Every Friday 7:30 am Prayer Time
ENROLLMENT REMINDER . . .
Even though the early enrollment deadline has passed, we still encourage families to enroll now to make plans solid for next year. There are openings at all grade levels PreK-10th grade, but SEVERAL CLASSES ARE NEARLY FULL... Share this with friends!
Calling ALL WHO VOLUNTEER at CLA - Volunteer Tea on May 17 . . .
On Wednesday, May 17, all volunteers are invited to a “Volunteer Tea” in celebration of the many hours that you have given this school year at CLA. We appreciate greatly your time and efforts. The tea will begin at 2:50 pm in the gym. Please let the school office know if you are able to come. Thanks!!!
American Heritage Girls Troop sponsored by CLA . . .
We are still hoping to form an American Heritage Girls troop. We have a Charter Representative, but several board member positions need to be filled before we can officially start the troop formation process. We are looking for individuals who are willing to make a 1-2 year commitment to help us get the troop off the ground. Would you prayerfully consider fulfilling one of these roles? AHG is a ministry for girls ages 5 to 18
- Troop Coordinator:
- Leads the Troop Ministry Team and oversees the general operation of the local Troop.
- Helps to recruit, select and train all adult leadership.
- Facilitates Troop Ministry Team Leaders’ meetings.
- Serves as the liaison between AHG, Inc. and the Charter Representative.
- Responsible for guiding the Troop towards its goals and accomplishing the mission of the American Heritage Girls.
- Vice-Coordinator: Assists Coordinator with all responsibilities and considered “Coordinator-in- training.” The actual roles performed shall be divided as spiritual gifts and personalities dictate.
- Treasurer: Oversees Troop finances. Helps to determine guidelines pertaining to Troop checking account, both acquiring and maintaining it. Helps to create a Troop budget.
- Troop Shepherd: Is concerned about the “care and feeding” of the Troop members and looks over the “flock.” The Troop Shepherd cares for each AHG member encouraging them in their spiritual walk. Will lead prayer before Ministry Team meetings and pray for the Troop. Will get to know each girl and volunteer and follow up on absent members.
Please contact Karin White at email@example.com if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!
CLA Annual Meeting - Saturday, May 20, 8 am
Each year in May, the school community is invited to the Annual Meeting held by the Christian Life Academy Board of Directors. This year’s meeting is scheduled for Saturday, May 20 at 8 am, and will be followed by a regular board meeting. A report of the previous year, updates on what is going on in the future direction of the school, and feedback from the school community will happen at this meeting. All are invited and encouraged to come!
June 2nd Golf Outing - No Golf Skills Required! Find a way to participate!
The 10th Annual CLA Golf Outing will be held on Friday, June 2nd, at Bluegrass Creek Golf Course in Minier. Packets were sent home several weeks ago with all the details…. Get involved!!!
From the Principal's Desk . . .
It’s amazing that we are just a week away from completion of this school year! Wow. It has been a wonderful year, with great things happening here at CLA. I’ve been challenging our students in the past couple chapels to take what they have been learning at school this year, and go into “all the world” (you know, like the pool, and the baseball field, and the park) this summer… and see this as an opportunity to share Jesus, to “make disciples,” to be an example of the love and truth of Jesus. I hope that as your family transitions into summertime, that you do the same- find ways to be Jesus to a hurting world, to live out the Great Commission every day.