Upcoming Events . . .
Thursday, January 18 Boys Basketball HOME games vs St. Mary’s, 6:00 (Elem), 7:00 (JH)
Friday, January 19 DEADLINE - SIGN UP FOR TALENT SHOW!
Saturday, January 20 Boys Basketball TOURNAMENT at CLA.
JH boys 10 am and noon games
Monday, January 22 Cheer Practice
Tuesday, January 23 UPDATE: Basketball HOME games vs Danville Home School
Wednesday, January 24 Basketball Practice
Wednesday, January 31 Informational Meeting about CLA High School - 3:45 pm
Friday, February 2 TALENT SHOW and CHILI/DESSERT Competition, 6 pm
It’s WINTER TIME!
We were fortunate prior to Christmas break to enjoy relatively easy weather to deal with. But now in the past 10 days we have ranged from well below freezing to upper 50s, with everything from rain, to snow, ice and sleet. Here are a few items related to weather you may want know:
- Outdoor Recess - we have outdoor recess as often as possible, but will keep students inside if wind chill is too cold. Please DO send students with hats, coats, gloves relative to the projected temperature for the day.
- Snow play at Recess - students will only be allowed to play in the snow if they have snow boots and gloves (of course, jackets and hoods/hats, too). We have outdoor hard surfaces free of snow, so all students do go outside, but they are restricted if they do not have snow gear.
- WEATHER CLOSINGS OR DELAYS - We will close school only if the majority of the districts where our students reside are also closed. In general, that means Olympia, Tremont, Delavan and/or DeeMack. If CLA is open, but your local district is closed, we ask you to make a safe decision about coming to school.
- CHRISTIAN LIFE ACADEMY CLOSING ANNOUNCMENTS are online at centralillinoisproud.com and displayed on WMBD/WYZZ TV. We also post on the CLA facebook page and send out a text to all who are a part of the REMIND app. In general, an announcement will be made by 7 am.
- To join CLA’s Remind group, visit https://www.remind.com/join/chrlifeac
News from the Music Department . . .
Do you have a hidden longing to recreate scenes from your favorite musical? Do you suddenly burst forth into song at lunch? Practice magic in your spare time? We have a big opportunity for you! It's time for CLA's annual Talent Show/ Chili cook off on Friday, February 2nd at 6pm!
Students who are interested demonstrating their unique talents will need to turn in a signed permission slip by Friday, January 19th. We need a minimum of 10 acts signed up by Friday, January 19th! Vocal acts will need to provide their own karaoke track for accompaniment if desired- you will not be able to sing with a cd/mp3 featuring the artist's rendition.
Chili cook-off/dessert competition: This year we are adding a dessert competition! Entrants will need to provide chili or a dessert for 12-15 people.
For more information, please see the attached letter. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Stribling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your calendars for Thursday, March 22 for CLA's Easter program!
From the Principal's Desk . . .
In chapels recently, we have been reading from Psalms - 63, 100 and 117. The common theme: Praise the Lord! Sometimes we forget to give glory and honor to the Lord… He is worthy of all our praise! I hope that you are praising the Lord today (and every day!)