Re-Enrollment Time! See the information sent home or drop by the school office for more information!
Upcoming Events . . .
Friday, January 26 Volleyball Practice
Monday, January 29 Basketball Practice
Tuesday, January 30 Volleyball practice (until 4:45)
Basketball HOME GAMES - 8th Grade Recognition Night
5:30 Elementary, 6:30 Junior High - vs. Trinity Bloomington
Wednesday, January 31 Volleyball Practice
Informational Meeting about CLA High School - 3:45 pm
Pizza orders due for PTF’s Super Bowl Pizza Fundraiser
Thursday, February 1 Basketball games at Peoria Concordia 5:30 (Elem), 6:30 (JH) Bus 4:25
Friday, February 2 Volleyball practice (until 4:45)
PTF Pizza Baking Fundraiser - pickup at Living Hope Comm. Church 3-5 pm
TALENT SHOW and CHILI/DESSERT Competition, 6 pm
It’s WINTER TIME!
We were fortunate prior to Christmas break to enjoy relatively easy weather to deal with. But now in the past 10 days we have ranged from well below freezing to upper 50s, with everything from rain, to snow, ice and sleet. Here are a few items related to weather you may want know:
- Outdoor Recess - we have outdoor recess as often as possible, but will keep students inside if wind chill is too cold. Please DO send students with hats, coats, gloves relative to the projected temperature for the day.
- Snow play at Recess - students will only be allowed to play in the snow if they have snow boots and gloves (of course, jackets and hoods/hats, too). We have outdoor hard surfaces free of snow, so all students do go outside, but they are restricted if they do not have snow gear.
- WEATHER CLOSINGS OR DELAYS - We will close school only if the majority of the districts where our students reside are also closed. In general, that means Olympia, Tremont, Delavan and/or DeeMack. If CLA is open, but your local district is closed, we ask you to make a safe decision about coming to school.
- CHRISTIAN LIFE ACADEMY CLOSING ANNOUNCMENTS are online at centralillinoisproud.com and displayed on WMBD/WYZZ TV. We also post on the CLA facebook page and send out a text to all who are a part of the REMIND app. In general, an announcement will be made by 7 am.
- To join CLA’s Remind group, visit https://www.remind.com/join/chrlifeac
From the Music department . . .
The talent show/chili cook off is a GO for Friday, February 2nd! We are still in need of people to make some chili and desserts. Any student who is still interested in participating in the talent show needs to let Mrs. Stribling know ASAP!
**Please contact Mrs. Stribling at email@example.com to make chili/dessert or set up an audition time!
From the Principal's Desk . . .
At the end of January each year, I begin to see excitement build for the upcoming school year. The same is true once again this year, as we get ready to think about the 2018-2019 school year, the expansion of High School, and all the excitement surrounding the thoughts about a new school year. I encourage each person in our community to join me in prayer for what’s to come. I know God has it in HIS hands!