Re-Enrollment Time! Questions? Contact the school office!
Upcoming Events . . .
Today, February 1 Basketball games at Peoria Concordia 5:30 (Elem), 6:30 (JH) Bus 4:25
Friday, February 2 Volleyball practice (until 4:45)
PTF Pizza Baking Fundraiser -
Pickup 3-5:00 pm at Living Hope Comm. Church
TALENT SHOW and CHILI/DESSERT Competition, 6 pm
Saturday, February 3 Band Solo/ensemble event, 9 am
Tuesday, February 6 Volleyball Practice
Wednesday, February 7 Volleyball Practice
Friday, February 9 Volleyball Practice
Fri-Mon, Feb. 16-19 No School - Presidents’ Day Weekend
It’s WINTER TIME!
We were fortunate prior to Christmas break to enjoy relatively easy weather to deal with. But now in the past 10 days we have ranged from well below freezing to upper 50s, with everything from rain, to snow, ice and sleet. Here are a few items related to weather you may want know:
- Outdoor Recess - we have outdoor recess as often as possible, but will keep students inside if wind chill is too cold. Please DO send students with hats, coats, gloves relative to the projected temperature for the day.
- Snow play at Recess - students will only be allowed to play in the snow if they have snow boots and gloves (of course, jackets and hoods/hats, too). We have outdoor hard surfaces free of snow, so all students do go outside, but they are restricted if they do not have snow gear.
- WEATHER CLOSINGS OR DELAYS - We will close school only if the majority of the districts where our students reside are also closed. In general, that means Olympia, Tremont, Delavan and/or DeeMack. If CLA is open, but your local district is closed, we ask you to make a safe decision about coming to school.
- CHRISTIAN LIFE ACADEMY CLOSING ANNOUNCMENTS are online at centralillinoisproud.com and displayed on WMBD/WYZZ TV. We also post on the CLA facebook page and send out a text to all who are a part of the REMIND app. In general, an announcement will be made by 7 am.
- To join CLA’s Remind group, visit https://www.remind.com/join/chrlifeac
This weekend: FINE ARTS CELEBRATION!
The talent show/chili cook off is tomorrow, Friday, February 2nd! Doors will open at 6:00 pm, and the talent show will begin as soon as most everyone has been able to get some food.
Saturday, February 3rd, the CLA Band students will be having their annual Solo/Ensemble Event. This will begin at 9:00 am in the music room.
From the Principal's Desk . . .
This week, on a personal note, a pretty significant thing happened. Our 8th grade basketball players, including my son Landon, and his friends Matt Lawson, Micah Waggoner and Jack Litwiller, are playing their last game together as CLA Lions. As I thought about it, I considered how things have changed since the time six years ago when, as 3rd graders, Matt and Landon played in their first game together for the school. These 8 yr olds played alongside and against junior high boys, in about 10 games that year. This year, every game they played was solely as 7th/8th graders against other 7th/8th grade teams. They played over 20 games. This is a shift in program… amazing growth. The same things are happening at CLA in our middle school and now high school. I thank the Lord for His guidance, for opening and closing the correct doors, for the vision He has shown us. May we always follow His lead!